Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring has Sprung {NOT}

 We had a few sunny days last week, which instantly made me want to believe that the days of patio bar-b-qs and "light spring jacket" weather was just around the corner.  Unfortunately as I write this reality has made itself ever so present as 10 cm of snow is falling outside my window, my bar-b-q is buried and to go outside right now I'd not only have to wear a heavy winter jacket, but hat, mittens, scarf, boots and maybe some snow pants for good measure.

Only three more weeks until hopefully April showers start bringing on the May flowers.  

On the inside of the house, I've been trying to hurry things along a bit.  I've done some spring paintings in the last couple of weeks.  



First of all the dandelions.  Wouldn't I love to see those seeds blowing in the wind right about now.

Second, I got inspiration from Pinterest for this one.  See the original here
Fortunately, I have some celebrations coming up as well.  Birthdays, bridal and baby showers- the whole works.  Last year this time it was my showers, which I'm going to post about in the future- now I get to do the relaxing- and the gift wrapping.



I've recently discovered how to make these awesome paper bows for gifts so:


I went a little crazy with it.

Jonny and I hosted my friend Andrew's birthday supper yesterday (his family is out of town until Wednesday)  So we dressed it up with some bright colours (not that there is any shortage of colour in our house as it is)



Here are the birthday cupcakes- made from scratch by the kind folks in Dominion, haha


These little card holders were our decorations.


And here is the birthday boy, looking very amused about it all.

I seriously don't think I could live without my art or my colour.  I know it isn't for everyone but I just cannot imagine neutrals and monotones surrounding me everyday.  Days when it's cold outside and I find myself wishing for bbq and sunglasses, all I have to do is paint or create to feel warm.

Tara





No comments:

Post a Comment