Monday, March 26, 2012

St. John's Mini Shopping Spree

I'm just arriving home from a mini-vacation we took this weekend to St. John's.  We decided to go and visit our good friend Nathan one last time before he heads to New Brunswick for military training in May.       Nathan is the best male cook I know (In no way do I mean that stereotypically), and every time we visit I become his sous chef and we have at least one great meal at home.  Here we are preparing steak and burgers for supper:


So, as in any trip to a city, I had to do some shopping.  This time, I decided to save up all the money I made from teaching piano lessons since Christmas and treat my self to a guilt free shopping experience.  I figured, its my "extra" money that I give up my evenings after work for, so I'm going to spend it however I choose.

I bought enough Bath and Body Works product to last me a full year (I have no idea where life will bring me in the future, so I HAD to stock up).  I also compiled a little list (I love lists) for you of my favourite five purchases.  I really got prepared for spring during this excursion, as you'll discover below:

Here is my brand new Peter Rabbit from Pier 1.  I had said to Jonny before we left that I wanted to find a white bunny for my Easter display... and so I did!


My new colourful table runner.  I got this for a steal of a deal ($10.00) at Winners.  It matches the colours in my house perfectly.

I'v been dying to get a pair of loafers for spring, and I found the prefect pair at Aldo!  This creamy off-white colour will match everything.

For when the weather warms up enough that I will not have to wear a coat anymore, I bought this bright, cheerful blazer.  It will be best friends with the loafers above!

I love bangle sets!  Especially colourful bangle sets (if you haven't noticed, I love everything colourful) These are also from Aldo.

Here's to weekends filled with great friends, excitement and shopping- just in time for the warm weather!!  I hope you are all having a happy Spring!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment