Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Babies, Brides and Birthdays

Doesn't alliteration make everything sound witty?

That is what I have been doing lately.... celebrating weddings, births and getting a year older.  

Showers... I just love showers.  Presents and food and prizes... what's not to love?  In the last week I have been to both a baby shower and a bridal shower.  it turns out that I am completely baby illiterate (not that I didn't already know this).  I find the baby things cute, but that is basically as far as my baby experience goes.  Of course, now that I'm married I get the "baby question" all the time, but the truth is, I am completely afraid of babies.  I think I may have changed a diaper once in my life, and held a new born maybe twice.  I was really on foreign ground at the baby shower, but it was, however, extremely fun!

Bridal showers I can do!  Having two of my own last year I am a bridal pro!  Here are a couple pictures from my own celebration last year:


Shower number 1 (pink and orange) was hosted by my mom-in-law in St. Georges.  


She had so many little details... she is a master planner.


Shower number 2 (pink and green) was hosted by my mom in Cox's Cove.  The tissue puff flowers and the cake were two of my favourite things (besides the company)


My sister and I enjoying the event.

So, my friend Patti's bridal shower was this passed weekend.  It was really cool as we had a local bar rented for a couple hours on Sunday afternoon.  It was very intimate and casual.  I am going to be Patti's "Groom's Woman" this July (Antoine is my best friend and I'm standing on his side).  It is so much fun to be involved in everything now without the stress (though, surprisingly, I didn't stress about my wedding very much) and Antoine and Patti are one of my favourite couples in the world.


I had to take a picture of the prizes because they included a lot of things from bath and Body Works, which is one of my top ten shops (future blog post?)


The shamrocks, though suiting for the upcoming St. Patrick's day, were to represent the wedding theme.  Patti is having real shamrocks and kelly green for the wedding.


Here I am with all the Cox's Cove ladies, including my dear mom and dear friend Joan.


And here I am with the bride.

Most of the birthdays are yet to come.  My sister and her boyfriend actually share a birthday and we are travelling to St. John's to celebrate in the city!!  I'll keep you posted!!

Tara





1 comment:

  1. Um, "heck yes" to the top ten shops post!! hahah... Love your shower pics! Yes, Kathy has such a sweet touch to everything she does... love her! Oh and your outfit in the last pic?! HELLO CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete