Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Spring Art Work

Just when we thought Winter was over, Mother Nature dawns us with 15cm of snow.  I am too disgusted to even look out my window, so instead, for the past three workless days I decided to shut my curtains and paint flowers.  

Here are two projects I have completed so far this week:

(acrylic on cotton canvas)
I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet, and I'm not sure if I'm entirely finished.  I'll keep you posted.  Notice my artistic mess in the background!

(paper and fabric on cotton canvas)
I decided to try covering canvas for the first time.  I modpoged the fabric on to the canvas, and then modpoged paper onto the fabric.  I used to stencil from a magazine for the flowers.  The colour scheme was inspired by my new table runner, as you can see.  I think it turned out pretty well.  This is definitely something I'm going to do more often (I always like changing the wall decorations in my house).

Hope you enjoy, and I hope you have better weather wherever you're to!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment