Monday, July 9, 2012

We're on a boat!

Wow, am I exhausted!!

The excitement of the wedding weekend is over!  This is the first moment I have really gotten to relax (and blog) in as long as I can remember (which isn't that long, because my brain is not running on all cylinders right now).  it's back to work tomorrow!

The wedding went splendidly... and I promise to share more about that when I get some pictures done, but for right now I want to share our after wedding boat ride with the Oxford family.  The Oxford's run a tour boat called "True North", which makes us fortunate enough to enjoy the sea during the charter's off time.  We sat sail on a windy Sunday night, with the whole family (including the grandchildren) and us.  We are honorary family, so it was all good!  The waves made fishing a little challenging, but made the ride so much fun.  Even standing up was a challenge.

It's amazing what beauty we can find in our own backyard.  It's times like these that make me love my home:


This lovely building behind me is the fish plant.  It's unattractive, the it smells pretty strong, but many Newfoundland communities have been built around them, and exist only because of them.



Our ride for the evening.


Cox's Cove from the water, on an angry looking day.


Bree enjoying the waves.


Cabins on Green Island... one of the islands that gives our bay its name.


A beautiful evening.


Nautical is so in right now... ever wonder where the red/navy colour combo comes from?


Jonny caught Bree a fish, which she is unsure of.


Green Island from a different angle


Heading back toward the Cove during sunset.  



Catching more fish before we call it a night and head for home.


Enjoying the cabin during an unexpected rain shower at the end of the ride.


Back to the wharf to dock.

Its amazing how much there is to do at home that we all look over- no matter where you live!!  Here is to fulfilling days and endless nights to come.

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment