Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Ramblings....

Here is what has been on my mind this week...

1.  The things I am looking forward to include:  the afternoon BBQ we are hosting for all our friends on Sunday (Lets hang our brooms in trees that this unbelievable weather holds up), our mini-vacation to St. John's (camping, YAY!) in two weeks, gifts from Hawaii from my parents, and the season premier of Breaking Bad (and getting to watch it with Antoine).

2.  Here is a picture from the most epic moment at the wedding for me this past weekend:


Why? you ask.  Well, for one thing I hardly ever play guitar in public.  I NEVER play guitar in public with feet that are roughly 45 degrees, in a potato field for my best friend and his new wife (who is totally awesome by the way, but we all already knew that).  I was so honoured that the duo asked me to, not only perform for their first dance as a married couple, but to sing at the ceremony as well.  And the ten million complements I received after didn't make the day any worse.  I bet you it was the most fun any grooms woman/bridesmaid has ever has in a receiving line.  The best part about it is that they loved it, and the song ("Feels like Home" originally by Bonnie Raitt) has been stuck in their heads for days.  I'm so glad I could add something special to their day.  Maybe, if you're really nice, I'll post the video.

3.  My favourite things this week include:

Scarves with animal prints 

such as this one from H&M, and this one from Old Navy.  When I go shopping in the city in a couple weeks, I may just have to buy every single thing with animals prints like these.

Aloe Vera Gel

For those of us too silly for sun screen

Netflix

and all the odd shows you would otherwise never see again.

That's it for now.  I'm sorry if you feel slighted.  I'm hosting Aboriginal Days at work this week for the kids, and it's busy busy.  I still haven't recuperated from wedding week yet (and living on Oxford time since Antoine has been home, i.e. never going to bed at night, doesn't make it any better), and for the first time since I can ever remember I have puffy eyes.

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment