Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Ramblings...

Here is what has been on my mind this week...

1.  I am attending a bachelor party this friday (that's right, I said BACHELOR).  I am standing as a "grooms woman" at Antoine's wedding next week- which automatically gives me the right to attend the stag.  I will be sure to share this rare insider's experience with all you ladies next week (if I survive).  Here is a peek of what I may have to encounter:


Now I just need to find out WHAT TO WEAR!

2.  The water situation here on the West Coast of the island is so crazy this year.  And by water situation, I mean lack of water.  For the first time since I can ever remember, we have a water restriction put in place.  Really, what are all of us going to do now that we can't fill our swimming pools? haha.  There is also a fire ban for the whole island.  I wanted to have a backyard fire last night and my father asked me if I want to be responsible for the forest fire that might occur.  Nope!  Seriously though, this is the best June I have ever experienced.  It rained maybe two days.  The poor frogs are not as happy about the situation.

3.  I only have one week to break in a pair of heels, perfect the bride and groom dance song I have to sing and pick out a hairstyle.  I am officially more stressed than my own wedding.

4.  My favourite things this week include:

family potluck, 
especially when my grandmother brings pineapple squares

This scarf


Brought to you by Forever 21

lilacs

and my little sister

both of which are in this picture:


Danny is alright too.

5.  One thing that is NOT my favourite is Jonny working nights and me having to watch America's Got Talent solo.  

What are your favourite things?











1 comment:

  1. Ok, for the stag you should totally go menswear-inspired.. black jeans, a button down, and a tuxedo vest with oxfords.. :) or something like that.. haha.. as for a hairstyle for the wedding, you'll probably want easy-peasy, but chic right? Well, I would suggest curling your hair all-over (w/ hot rollers or a curling iron, whichever you like best), add a ton of hairspray to the roots (flip upside down and spray) and then just arrange a messy curly low side-bun with a whole bunch a bobby pins.. "side-swoop" your bangs as best you can and pull out a few side pieces to frame your face! Done! :) Some of my fave things lately? The "Decorating with White" edition of Canadian Living, maxi dresses and skirts, my new fringe boho sandals & sweet chili heat rice cakes (addicted).. love these Wed rambly posts! They're the best! (I made a rambly comment to match! lol!)

    ReplyDelete