Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Cutest Retirement Party Ever!

Today, after celebrating the end of school with my CYN kiddies, I got to go to my first backyard retirement party.  My good friend from Ottawa was home to throw the party for her mom, whom I just happen to work with (and who is one of the most amazing, inspiring teachers that I know).  They are also my next door neighbours, so I got to come home from work, throw on a backyard-party dress and skip on up the road.

The theme of the party was "vintage teacher" which was oh so cute.  I didn't get the greatest pictures (too busy socializing) but I'm sure they'll give you an idea of how well my friend pulled off the decor.  Hats off to her!!


An old teacher's desk serves as a candy/cake table



I have a weakness for pennant flags, these are great



Delicious shortbread



Beautiful backyard... another love of mine: paper lanterns



love it!



Every teacher needs an apple pillow



fire pit to die for!



This may be my new love, paper straws! 






Old school desk... we actually used a very similar one as our signing table at our wedding!

What a refreshing afternoon!!!  Can you believe that the weather here has been so nice all June that we actually have a water ban in place?  A WATER BAN (no washing your car, watering lawns, filling swimming pools) in NEWFOUNDLAND.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time in history!!

Tara

1 comment:

  1. SO cute!! What an adorable idea! Love that old bell on the desk!

    ReplyDelete