Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Some families make their mother breakfast in bed on Mother's Day.  Some families dine at fine restaurants.

We hike.

Though it was a blustery day here on the West Coast, the four of us (Mom, Dad, Anna and I) headed down the South Shore of the Bay of Islands to Blomidon Provincial Park for a picnic and a hike up the mountain to the look-out.  The park isn't open for the season yet, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves.  I guess there weren't too many other families wanting to picnic on the windy shore in 5 degree weather.

Sometimes to we go Gros Morne instead, but Blomidon Park and Lark Harbour, the town that neighbours  it, is dear to our souls because we lived there for a year when I was little.  I can hardly remember much about it now, but I do remember family walks in the park- and up the mountain to the look-out.

Here are some pictures from the adventure.  

Feeling a little chilly

KFC for supper, giving us something to work off

Half way up

We made it.  Mom looks out over the town of Lark Harbour

I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day in their own little way.

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment