Thursday, May 10, 2012

Jonny


Let me tell you a little bit about my husband.

Jonny is a wildlife biologist.  He currently conducts research on Newfoundland "big game", which means moose caribou and black bear.  He loves hunting and fishing... and loves to educate people on the benefits of wild game (he has me totally convinced).  He shares my love for the outdoors (ok, he loves it a little bit more than me), antiques and spontaneous adventures.  He does not share my love of shopping malls (though he will accompany me on any shopping excursion), excessive movie watching and Josh Groban. 

Jonny is also an excellent interior decorator.  I'm not sure how much he will appreciate me shedding light on that, but he is.  I usually pick out the stuff, and he helps arrange it.  He does, however, have one room of the house all to himself.  I have complained about it extensively for as long as I can remember... but I have to admit it isn't too bad for a man cave.

I decided to be a nice wife.... and here is an Instagram tribute to Jonny's style (which he has)... that I secretly couldn't live without:


I catch Jonny out on the patio one day piecing together some driftwood (we constantly have a supply around the house), and an hour later our bathroom had a one-of-a-kind magazine rack, complete with lobster buoy.




This is an antique fishing reel from Maine.  It's about 100 years old.


Jonny worked as a fisheries biologist for a few summers during university.  One day he came home with a bag full of white coral.  He found the perfect holder for it... and now it lives happily in our house.


Jonny's reading selection is a little different than mine!

There you have it!  Though we have had many arguments over interior design... I am lucky to have someone who cares enough to argue in the first place :)

Tara


1 comment:

  1. Love this post - absolutely adorable! :) When I first met Jonny (or Jonathan as I still call him.. haha) 10 years this Christmas, we hit it off right away... Tyler & I have tons of good memories camping, late night chats, laughs and good meals with him.. I am SO glad he chose a field that would allow him to be outdoors; he was passionate about that even back then! :)

    ReplyDelete