Monday, May 21, 2012

Cabin Fever


May 24th weekend is a very important weekend in Newfoundland.  As Buddy Wassisname sings "It's the 24th of May and we like to get away" so get away we usually do.

This year we decided to join our friends Mark and Kirsten at their cabin.  They just got engaged so we had that to celebrate, along with ME GETTING A NEW JOB.  You are now looking at the Humber Community Youth Network's new North Shore Youth Field Worker.  I will also be subbing when I can... and teaching piano, so I guess I unofficially have three jobs now.

Anyway, I digress.

We had a blast at the cabin reminiscing about times past, eating every sugary, fatty food we could find, playing apples to apples and freezing around a May Newfoundland fire.


Jonathan volunteered me for mushroom & onion duty... so here I am cooking while...


everyone else enjoys the sunshine. 


It is rare to enjoy supper (aka dinner) in the sunshine.  Here we all are with stuffed faces.


I refused to put my hood down after horror stories of june bugs getting stuck in hair, until I was positive I was safe.


The Love birds enjoying the fire.  Lots of wedding planning ahead!


wiener octopus (or spider, or crab)

Victoria day is the official start of the summer season (and also a chance to score some good deals online).   It was great to spend it with awesome friends- both old and new.  I can't believe that tomorrow I am starting a new job- but at least I had a "last hor-rah" before I become majorly busy.

Cheers to long weekends

Tara

1 comment: