Saturday, April 21, 2012

Not an Ordinary Fashion Post

Grey Sweater: McKinley . Down Vest: The North Face .  Yoga Pants: Aerie . Track Pants: MEC.
Navy T-Shirt: Cox's Cove Come Home Year Festival

Maine Hunting Boots: LL Bean

Acceseries- Headband: Lululemon . Socks: Smartwool . eye glasses: D&G




I read fashion blogs all the time.  I love sites like Kendi Everyday and jenloveskev and aspire to be as fashion smart and savvy as their writers.  When I do actually get to spend some time in public, i.e: at work or the grocery store, I am rarely a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl and I often opt for an awesome dress with lots of accessories, or something no one else in my small town would dream of hanging in their closet.  I once had a parent give me a pair of cowboy boots from Nevada because she figured I was stylish enough to wear them and they were getting no use at her home.

But, a lot of my activities calls for something a little more practical... and that's how a Friday evening finds me looking like this.  I don't usually post about clothing, but Jonny and I had some fun snapping these photos and I thought it would be funny to start with this unflattering outfit.  This is how I really look, this is how I am happiest- enjoying my husband, my pooch and the environment around me.  I am proud that I can wear heels and a dress one day and a down-filled vest and rubber boots the next.  I am proud to live my two-toned life of smart shopper/potential law student/city lover and cabin going/mud puddle jumping/country loving girl.  One day maybe I'll own a Luis Vuitton, but I promise you I will still wear my kamiks, long underwear and free t-shirts as well.

Life can bring with it so many adventures- I'm always going to make sure I have the gear to dress for each one!

Tara

2 comments:

  1. So I basically love this. :)

    And your LL Bean boots are perfection. :)

    Have you listened to the song "Canadian Girl" by Dean Brody (not sure how much you are into country music..?) Anyway, I think it's a song that suits you to a tee.. :) Well, after reading this post I think it suits you.. :)

    It's so true though about how our lives (and all they entail) should dictate our clothing choices and NOT when the latest trend is. For some reason, it's taken me a while to grasp that concept.. Anyway, I'm super excited you posted this and you should definitely post more outfit pics of different aspects of your life!

    Oh ya (wow long comment today.. haha) and thanks for the heads up on the Banff gondola! I actually have a huge fear of elevators too (I will gladly walk stories and stories of staircases over getting in an elevator) and an equally big fear of heights...Yikes. Hopefully with Tyler there it will help ease that fear... and yes, PLEASE come out our way sometime! :) We can be your free tour guides and accommodations... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge.
    xxx pic

    ReplyDelete