Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Neighbours

I am guilty of doing some major complaining about the place I live.  There are some very evident flaws with my situation... our house isn't new or sparkly.  Right now there is about two feet of spring mud in our driveway, our fridge is straight from the 1970s and we see just as many ATVs going down the road as we do actual vehicles.  That's just a few complaints.  Let's not even begin to address the lack of fresh produce, the lack of Starbucks and the non-lack of stray dogs.

But every now and then I have a day that makes me feel lucky.  Like an actual nice day when the sun hits our patio at exactly the right angle, or when I get a call to work and I can walk there in 2 minutes.  One of the major things I love is that my next door neighbour (who mows our lawn sometimes, and snow blows the driveway, and checks on the house when we're gone) owns a farm and it's right in my back yard.  There is something about rolling fields that just puts me at ease and makes me want to whip on an apron and make some apple pie.  What makes this even better is that the cows just had calves!! Yay!!  I liked the cows good enough before (Jonny and I used to go feed them some bread every now and then) but now there are two little guys to pet and watch.  Check them out:

Baby #1

Baby #2

The moms

And this little grouse, we won't let London know she missed him or she'll be sad!

Easter posts to come... I'm off to scam some supper from my parents!

Tara

2 comments:

  1. Very very cute! :) I love spring time for this reason! my uncle has sheep and I love going to see the little lambs at their place this time of year.. so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I have never gone to the farm for a little look. I will have to do that next time. Can't wait to see the little babies. Even cows are cute when they are babies you know. :)

    ReplyDelete