Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nothing says Valentine's like Justin Beiber

Jonny and I are keeping Valentine's day low key this year (though I am still dragging him to see "The Vow" on Friday)  So my grand Vday celebrations happened tonight, with my three spirited 4Hers at the house.  

This is what a Valentine's day party looks like with three seven year old girls:

First off, cupcakes.  I baked- they decorated...

Here are the decorations:


And trust me, the table didn't look this neat and tidy when we were done.


Here is our finished product:


And now to enjoy them


Let's see how Spongebob Squarepants celebrates Valentine's Day (Apparently, Patrick gets really mad at him because he thinks he forgot his Valentine)


And what would a Valentine's Day party be without making some authentic Vday cards for Mom and Dad (and Jonny)


And... the grand finale.  I, me, Mrs. Saunders.. the ex-music teacher/sub/4H leader, received my very own Justin Beiber Valentine (complete with sticker).  Oh how his casual "un-tied" bow tie and slightly tousled hair makes me swoon (hahaha).  


In between all the turmoil and stress of life, sometimes it's great just to be a seven year old girl for one hour a week.  Along with cupcakes, Spongebob and folded paper comes a carefree happiness Hallmark cannot supply.

That's my reflective thought of the week.

Lots of Valentine love

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment