Saturday, February 9, 2013

Three Snow Day Crafts!

I have been so busy lately that I haven't really had time for any creativity... boo!!

But then comes the all mighty snow day... which gives me a full day, trapped in the house, to do whatever I please!!!  

On a side note.  Snow days are going to be one of those things I have to explain to my kids "back in my day, we would have to get up and turn on the local radio station and listen until the school closure announcements come on", because, unlike many people in my staff room, I have discovered that twitter is now the ultimate snow day tool... and requires very little effort before you can roll over and go back to sleep.  I doubt my future children will ever have to waste time listening to cheesy local ads and old country songs to figure out if they have to go to school.

Anyway.... I was fortunate enough to complete three projects on Tuesday.

The first was a valentine's day decoration.  I'm not much into the whole red/pink/white hearts and kisses valentine's day things... but I am a sucker for holidays, so this is what I came up with for my fireplace:




A little pink, and little red, a lot of hearts.  The love hearts were Christmas decorations that I bought for 75% off after Christmas one year, with the intentions of using them for Valentine's day.  It's all about vision.

Speaking of vision.  On to the next craft.  I forgot to take a before picture of this pin board... but I bought it for 3 dollars at Carlton Cards because it said "Grad 2012".  It was a whopping 90% off.... and I just knew my perfectionist husband could re-cover it and make it perfect!!!  

After covering it with a fabric we had around lying around the house... and then me adding a pennant banner across, this is what it looks like:



I'll eventually get Jonny to hang it on our guest room wall.

Last, but not least, is this set of wooden boxes I had purchased at Michaels way back before we even lived in this house.  I knew I'd find a purpose for them at some point.  I decided to give them a white wash and a chalkboard label... and presto:



There you have it!! A snow day well spent!!!

Now lets keep wishing for another one!!

Tara :)



No comments:

Post a Comment