Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Progress: Home Office/Craft Room

No room in our house can be finished at this time because our custom windows seem to want to take forever to arrive to their new home... but when you work from home chaos = even less productivity than normal (which I certainly can't afford).  So, the first room I had to semi-organize and semi-look-presentable was my office.  

Because the office is the only room in the house that's ALL MINE, I get to make it as bright and cherry and girly as I like.

Here is the transformation (so far)

Sports border, Christmas lights and a whole lot of written up walls.


First goes the border, to reveal a nice blue section of wall.  How did I remove it?


A mixture of 1/3 fabric softener and 2/3 water. WORKS LIKE A CHARM.  Just tear off the top layer, soak it down with a spray bottle and use a plaster scraper thingy (yes, that's all I know to call it) and presto! 


My sister and I did this project together, which was so fun because we are equally lazy/silly.  here we are donning our painting finest.

And.....


Here is the final outcome (for now)


Still left to do:

-new window and trim
-change light fixture
-hang paintings
-buy a nice rug for the floor
-take some better pictures

This is just a work in progress, but I know you all wanted to make sure I was actually doing something!!

Hope you enjoy!!

Tara




No comments:

Post a Comment